Search

Download Books The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) For Free

Details Out Of Books The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4)

Title:The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4)
Author:T.H. White
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 639 pages
Published:June 15th 1987 by Ace (first published 1958)
Categories:Young Adult. Science Fiction. Dystopia. Apocalyptic. Post Apocalyptic
Download Books The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) For Free
The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 639 pages
Rating: 4.07 | 92814 Users | 3852 Reviews

Representaion Concering Books The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4)

T.H White′s masterful retelling of the Arthurian legend is an abiding classic. Here all five volumes that make up the story are published in one volume, as White himself always wished. Exquisite comedy offsets the tragedy of Arthur′s personal doom as White brings to life the major British epic of all time with brilliance, grandeur, warmth and charm.

Present Books To The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4)

Original Title: The Once and Future King
ISBN: 0441627404 (ISBN13: 9780441627400)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Once and Future King #1-4
Characters: Merlin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Mordred, Queen Guinevere, King Arthur
Setting: United Kingdom
Literary Awards: Tähtifantasia Award Nominee (2019)

Rating Out Of Books The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4)
Ratings: 4.07 From 92814 Users | 3852 Reviews

Article Out Of Books The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4)
A complex and multi-tiered depiction of the epic Arthurian legend. This book is unlike any other I've read either focusing on the myth or simply in terms of fantasy writing. While the story begins with The Sword in the Stone, a novel I had already read years ago it was refreshing to re-familiarize myself with T.H. White's eccentric and unique style of portraying the character of King Arthur as a child. In fact I believe The Sword in the Stone is the deepest depiction of the childhood Arthur I

Confession: I had assigned this to 6 of my children to read but had never read it myself. Now I am thinking perhaps it should be read a little later than 7th grade. I am not sure a seventh grader can grasp the glory of it. What a book or maybe I should say what five books!! The Sword in the Stone: Delightful. The Queen of Air and Darkness: Delightfully dreadful. The Ill-Made Knight: Tragically wonderful. The Candle in the Wind: Toweringly beautiful. The Book of Merlin: Ridiculously thoughtful.

I carried a quote from this book around in my purse for decades. In my original version of the book, it is on page 111 and begins, "The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour

Listened to the audiobook this time, which is not as neat nor as concise as the written form, but which tears my heart out all the same. Every time I read it it feels meaningful in some way. Every time I find someone who is willing and able to meet me in my joy and my sorrow, and offer me insight as well as companionship. The narrator was excellent, and I have to go be sad for awhile now.___________This is my all time favorite book. I've read it countless times since I was first recommended it

It's a classic for a reason. Wonderful story. Great characters. Clearly bar raising for its time.

From Geoffrey of Monmouth (1*) to Thomas Malory (2*) to Alfred Lord Tennyson (3*) to T.H. White (4*) to Lerner & Lowe (5*) ... 1* Historia Regum Britanniae (History of the Kings of Britain), 1130s. 2* La Morte d'Arthur, 14853* Idylls of the King, 1859-854* The Once and Future King, 1938-415* Camelot, 1960 Broadway!! The big time!!!1) See here for the association of the musical Camelot with the Kennedy Administration.2) Here's an extended quote from the first page of the book, to indicate

For the time being, this will be a provisional review on the Liber Primus, a.k.a. The Sword in the Stone. The Once and Future King is, obviously, a modern variation on the Arthurian cycle. Allegedly, T. H. Whites main source was Sir Thomas Malorys Le Morte d'Arthur. However, while Malory starts his hefty book with the story of Uther and Igraine, White hardly mentions Arthurs true parents. Moreover, while Malory sweeps away Arthurs youth in less than ten pages and a couple of short chapters

Post a Comment

0 Comments