Search

Download Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1) Online

Download Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1) Online
The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1) Paperback | Pages: 528 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 21850 Users | 488 Reviews

Describe Regarding Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)

Title:The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)
Author:John Jakes
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 528 pages
Published:January 6th 2004 by Berkley Books (first published September 1st 1974)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction

Commentary In Pursuance Of Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)

One man’s quest for his destiny leads him to the New World and into the heart of the American Revolution.

Meet Phillipe Charboneau: the illegitimate son and unrecognized heir of the Duke of Kentland. Upon the Duke’s death, Phillipe is denied his birthright and left to build a life of his own. Seeking all that the New World promises, he leaves London for America, shedding his past and preparing for the future by changing his name to Philip Kent. He arrives at the brink of the American Revolution, which tests his allegiances in ways he never imagined. The first volume of John Jakes’s wildly successful and highly addictive Kent Family Chronicles, The Bastard is a triumph of historical fiction.

Mention Books Toward The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)

Original Title: The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles, Vol. 1)
ISBN: 0451211030 (ISBN13: 9780451211033)
Edition Language: English
Series: Kent Family Chronicles #1
Characters: Philip Kent, Marie Charboneau, James Amberly, Roger Amberly, Jane Amberly, Alicia Parkhurst, Girard., Gil du Motier, Mr. Fox., Solomon Sholto, Anne Ware, Mr. Hoskins., Will Caleb
Setting: near Chavaniac, Auvergne,1770(France) Tonbridge, Kent, England,1771(United Kingdom) London, England,1772(United Kingdom) …more Boston, Massachusetts,1773(United States) …less

Rating Regarding Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)
Ratings: 4.11 From 21850 Users | 488 Reviews

Assess Regarding Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)
Back in the seventies my dad and I sometimes read books together. For Christmas one year I bought him the first three books in a boxed set. Sometime later I bought the next two from a book club, so they were hard cover, then the rest as they became available, again in paperback. We both enjoyed them and sometimes discussed them, but I don't remember what exactly. The seventies are a while back.What I do remember is reading the first and second books: "The Bastard" and "The Rebels." I liked all

This was one of the first major historical novels that I have ever read and have been hooked on them ever since! This novel took a time in history and made it vivid and clear for the reader. Full of adventure and wonderful characters. I honestly do not know how many times I have read this novel and still found it amazing! Highly recommended-the whole series!

Rejoice, Rachel!Done with The Bastard! It took me a while, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. Earnest and at times a little too concerned with being historically accurate/specific, this book was thoroughly enjoyable and full of characters that you can't help but liking - even if they are a little ridiculous. Be warned: side effects of this book include spontaneous obsession with Benjamin Franklin and slight tummy ache induced by machismo.

This book has a soundtrack. When I was 11, my Gram was reading these novels. I would sneak them off her shelves and read them in my room while listening to my favorite ABBA albums. I can't think of this novel without thinking of 'Knowing Me, Knowing You.' I must have read each volume of the Kent Family Chronicles at LEAST four times each with the first three (The Bastard, The Rebels, The Seekers) being my favorites. This was in my pre-historical romance phase and I though this book terribly

There was a level of simplicity in the story that disappointed me. I enjoy an epic feeling in historical fiction. Ultimately, I cannot fault the simplicity of the story as the main character of the story is himself a simple man. I suppose I can't be too harsh as I stayed awake until 1 am to finish the book. I often found the supporting characters more interesting than the main character. The entirety of the first book is a journey of the main character to determine who he wants to be and who he

The Bastard, written in 1974, is the first book of John Jakes bicentennial series. From the first sentence of the first paragraph on the first page the story grabs you and takes you on an unforgettable trip from France through England and to a new land across the sea. Phillipe Charboneau, being raised by his mother Marie, leads a lonely life at the family inn in France. Circumstances soon find them traveling to England where they meet a family of printers and the snobbish elite of English

(The Kent Family Chronicles 8-Volume Set: The Bastard, The Rebels, The Seekers, The Furies, The Titans, The Warriors, The Lawless, The Americans (Kent Family Chronicles, Volumes 1 thru 8) (Hardcover)by John Jakes (Author))In the beginning there is a bastard who meet some well known historical people in England. He follows them back to the Americas. This is before the war for independence. This was my first introduction to John Jakes. I fell in love with this writer's style and characters. I was

Post a Comment

0 Comments