Search

Reading Books The Rosary For Free

Reading Books The Rosary  For Free
The Rosary Hardcover | Pages: 380 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 1062 Users | 120 Reviews

Define Appertaining To Books The Rosary

Title:The Rosary
Author:Florence Louisa Barclay
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 380 pages
Published:April 1st 2005 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1909)
Categories:Classics. Romance. Fiction

Description During Books The Rosary

"The Rosary" is a beautiful love story. Gareth Dalmain falls in love with the Honorable Jane Champion. She loves him back, but does not trust his love, as is known to be a great lover of beauty, and she - alas - is very plain. Just as she decides to trust him, she receives news that he has been blinded in a hunting accident. She wants to go visit him, but he will not receive her, as he wants only her love - not her pity. With the help of their mutual friend and doctor, she gets the position as his nurse under a presumed name, and thereby gets to know the 'new' Gareth.

Present Books Toward The Rosary

Original Title: The Rosary
ISBN: 1432617427 (ISBN13: 9781432617424)
Edition Language: English

Rating Appertaining To Books The Rosary
Ratings: 3.99 From 1062 Users | 120 Reviews

Write-Up Appertaining To Books The Rosary
Oh dear. It has started out so well and then...why must romance ruin all the promising stories? About three-fourths of the time a book would be faaaaar better without it. Such was the case with this story. I liked Jane, I did! Until The whole Gareth Dalmain thing happened. Oh dear. Then she became a terrible Paragon of Utter Perfection and lost most of her personality. Aside from her there were two or three characters worth reading about: The Duchess, Mira and that fellow of Gareth's that was

I enjoyed the beginnings of this book, but in the end it was too repetitive and spiritual for my tastes. It was free for my Kindle.

Jane Champion - a "plain" or "homely" girl, quickly approaching middle age. She's a a pal to the boys. They simply love her as their friend and confidant. She is gifted with a beautiful musical talent. She is bright, witty, and strong, both inside and out.Garth Dalmain - Young, charismatic, gifted in visual arts, loves all things beautiful to the eye, but has a depth of soul and wisdom that is not initially evident.They are an unlikely pair, who begin their relationship as friends, and are

A bestseller in the US a year after its publication in 1910, this love story is somewhat obscure now. Florence Barclay is one of the authors whose works I inherited from my great aunt, and I realised I had seen her name on a memorial in St. Annes in Limehouse, where Florence spent her childhood. So is it worth reviving?The story of a beauty-loving artist who falls in love with a large, plain woman because of the soul she puts into singing, and her struggle to accept that love even when an

What a find! I'm so glad I found this book. It is truly engrossing from the first pages. And as deeply moving as any Bronte or Austen work. The first half of the book is so perfectly written and edited that I could see the scenes enacted in my head as if watching a movie--for some reason I pictured James McAvoy as the hero. She lags somewhat in the second half, but the urge to know what happens speeds you along. Please read this one--it's such a beautiful book. Now I'm off to read another

I read this book several times during my teens. It is highly romantic...too much so, really, but I couldn't help loving it. I would read it again.Incidentally, I recently read a folk tale of the American Hispanic Southwest called "Fabiano and Reyes" which had the identical plot from beginning to end. It made me wonder if the book had been based on a folk tale.

2.5 starsI read this book because I bought a lovely, first edition antique copy of Barclay's The Wheels of Time and one reviewer said she recommended reading this book before that one. Luckily, you can find Florence Barclay's works for free in ebook form, so getting access to The Rosary was easy.While I have a weakness for melodramatic adventure novels, melodramatic romances are not my usual preferred reading material. And though this book is over 100 years old, it's definitely in the realm of

Post a Comment

0 Comments