Search

Free The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew Books Online

Define Regarding Books The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew

Title:The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew
Author:C.S. Lewis
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 178 pages
Published: by Harper Collins Promotion (first published 2002)
Categories:Fantasy. Classics. Young Adult. Fiction. Childrens
Free The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew  Books Online
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew Hardcover | Pages: 178 pages
Rating: 4.27 | 2511 Users | 94 Reviews

Description In Favor Of Books The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew

As part of a Children's Book Readathon on my blog, we voted and are reading some classic young adult novels this week. Come join us! Today's review is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardobe/The Chronicles of Narnia 6 Vols, the 2nd book in the Chronicles of Narnia series, by C.S. Lewis. I read this book as a child several times, then again as an adult before the movies came out. This was probably my fifth time, but it's one of my top ten all-time favorites.

Set in England during the war, 4 children are sent off to a peculiar, older man's country home for safety from German bombs. Shortly after they arrive, the youngest finds herself embroiled in a small game of hide-and-seek leading her to take refuge in a wardrobe. Eventually her siblings follow suit and they enter a magical world where mythical creatures and animals are all stuck in winter. They try to find a way out, learn they're meant to co-rule the land, and find themselves captured and in a different kind of war. I'm being vague as everyone knows the story or if they don't, I shall not ruin it for you!

C.S. Lewis as a brilliant imagination. I fall for these characters every time. I could read it repeatedly without ever bring bored. I've read the whole series once before, but I'm considering doing it again. I always forget that this is actually the second book in the series, too. Aslan is one of my favorite all-time heroes. The witch is also one of my favorite enemies. Between the bonds of siblings, trusting strangers, the similarities between the war inside the wardrobe and the one in reality, this book tells so much more than the journey on the surface.

Itemize Books Supposing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew

Original Title: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew
ISBN: 0007658397 (ISBN13: 9780007658398)
Edition Language: English

Rating Regarding Books The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew
Ratings: 4.27 From 2511 Users | 94 Reviews

Write-Up Regarding Books The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe / The Magician's Nephew
The Lion (et al.,) was the first book in the series, and is a lot of fun, full of vivid imagery, good characters, excellent plot. May be a little to religious in part, but isn't "preachy." I did discover something new-- when I read this as a kid, the evil secret police wolf captain's name was "Fenris Ulf," which I always thought was a great name. In the current version (and apparently always in the English version) his name is Maugrim, which is not so great, in my opinion. The story I unearthed

Although I've read this book MANY times, it's always a delightful story and I always enjoy it. I love the fantasy world that the children step into, and the adventure that awaits them there. I am awed at the beautiful way the story of the gospel of Christ is woven into this fantasy story, even though Lewis claimed that was not his intention. I especially love the way the book makes me feel: in love with a world that is more beautiful because of the imaginings of children, and awed by the great

the magicians nephew : how the story began how narnia first came in touch with England before the warthe lion the witch and the wardrobea good book that brings people to a magical land when four children sent away from home find a magical portal into another world and find that they are the solution to that worlds problems.

C.S. Lewis writes with power and vivid descriptions. Great book for any fantasy fan or someone looking for a solid well-written Classic.

Purely on the fantasy level this was my favorite of the series. The point and transition of crossing into a parallel world - through a closet- MAGICAL! This book always asked me- imagine the possibilities!

Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy stepped through a wardrobe into a different world filled with talking beasts,centaurs,fauns, and evil queens. They fight the evil queen and win. They become kings and queens of Narnia.

How Narnia came to be. Really good! I listened to the audio version read by Kenneth Branaugh and he is a wonderful story teller. So fun to listen to!

Post a Comment

0 Comments