Search

Free Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1) Books Online

Itemize About Books Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1)

Title:Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1)
Author:Roland Smith
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 352 pages
Published:April 1st 2006 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published December 27th 2004)
Categories:Young Adult. Science Fiction. Adventure. Fantasy. Fiction. Mystery. Childrens. Middle Grade
Free Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1) Books Online
Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1) Paperback | Pages: 352 pages
Rating: 4.19 | 5402 Users | 461 Reviews

Chronicle Concering Books Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1)

I'd intended to leisurely preview this for my son to make sure it wasn't too violent. Instead it pulled me in and kept my eyes glued on its pages until 2 a.m. this morning... and I immediately bought Tentacles... at 2 a.m. (Gotta love online buying for that.)

This book was like the Magic Treehouse kids all grown up and taking on Jurassic Park or Journey to the Center of the Earth. It begins with Grace and Marty at a boarding school for gifted or wealthy kids--and it's a great peek into their personalities. The author does an amazing job with presenting them as being kids like any other kids even while they're very unusual and interesting. Marty has a photographic memory, loves extreme adventures, and is curious beyond his control--and often gets into trouble for that. Grace is very, very intelligent but with a healthy dose of phobias. Their parents go missing on a photo-journalism expedition and they're sent to live with their uncle on Cryptos Island. After a few adventures on the island, the two kids are accidentally parachute-dropped into the Congo where the excitement ratchets up to the point that you only breathe every third page. Mambas, dinosaurs, and leeches... oh my.

What stood out in this book is that while the kids were constantly getting into trouble or chaos--they were intelligent and recognition was paid to when they were disobeying the adults around them. Also, I genuinely liked these kids. As an adult reading kids' books, sometimes the characters annoy me. I just want to shake them and tell them to listen to the adults around them--especially when they put themselves in danger. I really liked Grace and Marty. Their personalities were fun and real and the relationship between them was really great to see in a modern-day book.

Even though the technology in this is now over five years old, it's not dated. It still feels fairly cutting-edge. And the study of Cryptids (animals not scientifically proven to be in existence but reputed through myths) has a timeless draw on our minds among the young and old.

For parents: I was surprised at how audience friendly this was. There was some violence and graphic descriptions but I would have read this aloud to my son starting at around age 7. No profanity. No adult situations. It was just an awesome adventure which I'm hoping continues in Tentacles. This book should be in every mid-grade kids' hands. It puts so many other books out there to shame. This is a book you can read aloud to your kids--and then sneak out and read ahead of them after they're in bed.

My favorite line was on page 41: Marty whispered to Grace, "That's the kind of man who keeps squids in his library."

You've got to read this book. I swear you'll love it... or come find me and tell me what's wrong with you that you didn't.

Particularize Books Conducive To Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1)

Original Title: Cryptid Hunters
ISBN: 0786851627 (ISBN13: 9780786851621)
Edition Language: English
Series: Marty and Grace #1


Rating About Books Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1)
Ratings: 4.19 From 5402 Users | 461 Reviews

Judge About Books Cryptid Hunters (Marty and Grace #1)
This book was questionable to say the least.

This book was amazing I had met Marty, Grace, Laurel lee, Uncle Travis and Dr. Blackwood. After their parents go missing Marty and Grace are shipped off to their uncle's the didnt know they had after Laurel Lee comes with an ancient dinosaur egg they find out that Docter Blackwood plans to capture the mother Mekebmbe and pin it in his trophey room now travis wants to go save her with the help of laurel lee. the catch is the children cant go. they dont give up so easy. I wish I could tell you

Smith always keeps the action moving and sprinkles in a few plot twists. A little far fetched at times, but an entertaining read overall.

Read this review (and others) at: https://literatureislife.com/2018/04/...Cryptid Hunters is one of the few non-Goosebumps and non-Animorphs books I read as a kid that stuck with me. First of all, there is a dinosaur on the cover. What kid does not love dinosaurs? Especially those of us who grew up with Jurassic Park as their favorite movie (i.e. me). The book follows twin siblings Marty and Grace on their first adventure. Marty is the adventurous type with enough curiosity and cleverness to get

Worst book ever. I HATED THIS BOOK SOOO MUCH. I will never read anything so terrible again. I would have given it zero stars but that wasnt a star option! If you like books filled with terrible characters, plot, and writing, then you should definitely read this. Put yourself out of the future misery of reading this book and don't read it!

In this book, the author uses a unique style of writing. In the book it periodically switches between different character's perspectives. I didn't like it at first but when you finally understand the author's way of writing, you'll like it. He had a good idea for the book and how it kept escalating and escalating until finally, BOOM, you get the bomb dropped on you your just like, What? And the way he introduced the characters is, perfect because something happens and then it switches, your

This book was a breathtaking story. Though alot of it was almost imposible, I started believing it after about 2 pages. I thought Wolf being Grace's dad was REALLY perfect for the story but also REALLY suprising. I loved Marty's quick thinking, especially in the end when he smashed the fake eggs. I loved to hate the "bad people" (if you know what I mean). This book was incredible and everyone should read it!!!!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments