Search

Download Books For Jude the Obscure Free Online

Itemize Books To Jude the Obscure

Original Title: Jude the Obscure
ISBN: 0486452433 (ISBN13: 9780486452432)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Jude Fawley, Arabella Donn, Sue Bridehead
Download Books For Jude the Obscure  Free Online
Jude the Obscure Paperback | Pages: 310 pages
Rating: 3.82 | 58701 Users | 3001 Reviews

Rendition Supposing Books Jude the Obscure



i have just discovered betterbooktitles.com, so i am including this, but it is a total spoiler, so be warned.

(view spoiler)[ (hide spoiler)]

jude the obscure is one of my favorite books of all time. and reading the biography of him now is making me very antsy to reread this. it used to be part of my "summer reruns" ritual; to reread all my favorites each and every summer. then i got old and realized that kind of thing was a luxury i would have to give up, or risk missing out on all kinds of books that are currently crowding my shelves and toppling over on my floor. jude the obscure was introduced to me at the tender age of 13. i was taking some stupid study skills class, and the teacher, always prone to leaving the topic and talking about her life on the streets of lean mean central falls and imparting life lessons/knife lessons to all of us was musing one day and said... "if you ever want to read the most depressing book of all time -read jude the obscure." well, i am a title -collector (to this day) and i squirrelled it away in my little notebook, and came across it at the more perfect jude-age of 15. man, she wasn't kidding. what an amazing piece of writing. poor jude and his ambitions, his poor choices in love (if a woman throws a pig's penis at you and you take it as a declaration of love, you are on the road to some pain, my friend)but it has everything - the hypocrisy of the church and the delicacy of woman's place in academia and the danger of breeding super-precocious children. it's hardy, so everything ends poorly for all involved, but it is done with such a stunning touch, you find yourself panting at its beauty. "somebody might have come along that way who would have asked him his trouble, and might have cheered him... but nobody did come, because nobody does." i mean, really. it just chills for me.

and my knife skills are top-notch.

come to my blog!

Present Based On Books Jude the Obscure

Title:Jude the Obscure
Author:Thomas Hardy
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 310 pages
Published:December 1st 2006 by Dover Publications (first published April 16th 1895)
Categories:Classics. Fiction. Literature. 19th Century. Historical. Victorian. Novels. European Literature. British Literature

Rating Based On Books Jude the Obscure
Ratings: 3.82 From 58701 Users | 3001 Reviews

Rate Based On Books Jude the Obscure
Read this if you're looking for that final push towards suicide.

My uncle called me from France because he'd heard third-hand that I was about to read Jude the Obscure and he felt he needed to warn me away from it. I was going through a divorce; he felt that I was too fragile for Jude. He was trying to save me, like warning your friend who just got out of traction against dirtbiking down the Matterhorn. This is the bleakest book from the bleakest author, a serious contender for Bleakest Book Ever Written, a book so dire that almost everyone hated it when it

3.5/5To read of Tess or Jude? I was completely undecided, so took the action of a coin toss to decide for me.Problem, had not a penny in my pocket, so whisked out a visa card and launched it across the room. Frontside up - TessBackside up - JudeJude it was then...(Don't worry Tess, you will have your day!) He might have won my card toss but there is no winning in Hardy's final novel. A novel of such bleak and devastating intensity it's little wonder he finally called it a day. Stirring up a

Never re-read this, first read in H.S. I did give it as a birthday present to my Mother, maybe the worst present I gave her (she liked a turqoise circle pin better). At the time it was my favorite book, but let's face it, Hardy is a downer: Bill Pritchard spoke on Hardy's poetry in Boston, reading one in which another Dorset man, too poor to keep supporting his dog, takes him down to the estuary and flings a fetch-stick out far into the outgoing tidal river. The dog faithfully fetches it, and is

But his dreams were as gigantic as his surroundings were small. I realize wistfully that I cannot revisit all books I read and loved a long time ago. Oh, how I regret not having an endless existence to go back and revisit my most precious memories. However, I have so many new celebrated novels yet to explore. I read Jude the Obscure when I was in college, I was so young but used to read whenever I did not have class or did not have to study. If I remember correctly, I discovered it in an



If I remember correctly, this book is a real laff riot, with a touchingly sweet and uplifting message. I think I read somewhere that Hardy was feted in the streets of his hometown Christminster and given the Feelgood Author of 1895 Award for this baby, and rightly so! What a heartwarming gift for someone who's feeling down, such as a student who's just lost his financial aid, or someone you know who's trying to make an unconventional relationship work despite social strictures. Okay, full

Post a Comment

0 Comments