Search

Download Books The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2) Online Free

Be Specific About Books Supposing The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2)

Original Title: The Book of Ti'ana
ISBN: 0786889209 (ISBN13: 9780786889204)
Edition Language: English
Series: Myst #2
Characters: Aitrus, Ti'ana, Anna (Rand Miller)
Download Books The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2) Online Free
The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 577 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 3516 Users | 125 Reviews

Details Regarding Books The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2)

Title:The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2)
Author:Rand Miller
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 577 pages
Published:November 1st 1997 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 1996)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Science Fiction

Rendition Conducive To Books The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2)

I really enjoyed the first Myst book and was excited to start this one. My high expectations diminished quickly as I struggled through the first 200 pages of the book where it felt like absolutely nothing happend. However, one thing I learned is that the author is clearly either a geology professor or someone who has a passion for geology; as made evident by the numerous digging/excavating scenes loaded with geological terminology = boring. I never played the PC game, so there was zero nostalgia to draw upon and give me a chance to recover from the first third of the story with the hopes to salvage an enjoyable experience with this book. My recommendation is to skip the first 200 pages and begin when Anna is captured by the D'ni.

Rating Regarding Books The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2)
Ratings: 4.09 From 3516 Users | 125 Reviews

Assess Regarding Books The Book of Ti'ana (Myst #2)
I named my daughter after Ti'ana :-)

It was an interesting read but felt flat to me. The setting was great. I loved the descriptions of D'ni society, but the individual characters came across as one-dimensional to me. The story would jump ahead in time, and I felt like so many details were skipped. The action was slow until about 2/3's of the way through the book. The ending was depressing, so I don't think I'll read any more of these.

I love these books. Real comfort reads. This one was a little more substantial than The Book of Atrus and the language a little more interesting. Set before The Book of Atrus, The Book of Ti'ana tells the story of Atrus' grandmother Anna; a surface-dweller who randomly stumbles upon the underground world of D'ni and falls in love with a D'ni native. It charts the history of the D'ni people and the eventual fall of their world and gives context to the lonely, empty worlds of the Myst series.

...Wow. I picked up this book at a yard sale for a dime because a friend of mine loves the games. I expected to enjoy it, but... I really love it. The worldbuilding is so good. I know pretty much nothing about the Myst games, but D'ni is fascinating. I almost would like to go there, if I weren't terrified of being far underground. The concept of the Books is so interesting to me, I know that plays into the games a lot so I'm kind of wanting to play them now. The best part for me, personally, was

I love Myst. I still travel the old ways of D'NI on occasion, forgetting what I've seen and accomplished, having to retrace paths. Ti'ana's story is good. Read it if you like Myst, even if you don't you might find a worthwhile journey.

Genre: FantasyRating: 4.5/5This review does contain some spoilers! In this installment in the series, we learn more about Atrus's grandmother, Anna. She is a fully human woman who lives on the harsh surface of Earth until one day after her father's death she discovers a tunnel leading to the D'ni civilization. After integrating as best she can into their society (essentially held captive by them) she begins to form stronger connections. In the midst of political upheaval, she makes a decision

Excellent book. Followed the first book nicely and really gave you a look into the characters. While I feel these books are a slow read, it's totally worth it once you are able to let the Age absorb you and take your mind to places you've never dreamt of being. Likable (and hateable) characters, colorful landscapes and so much imagination flood these books. I'm glad I read it slowly and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the third one!

Post a Comment

0 Comments