Search

Books Free Gift from the Sea Download

Books Free Gift from the Sea  Download
Gift from the Sea Paperback | Pages: 130 pages
Rating: 4.17 | 40762 Users | 3876 Reviews

Declare Books Toward Gift from the Sea

Original Title: Gift from the Sea
ISBN: 0394724550 (ISBN13: 9780394724553)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: National Book Award Finalist for Nonfiction (1956)

Relation Supposing Books Gift from the Sea

In this inimitable, beloved classic—graceful, lucid and lyrical—Anne Morrow Lindbergh shares her meditations on youth and age; love and marriage; peace, solitude and contentment as she set them down during a brief vacation by the sea. Drawing inspiration from the shells on the shore, Lindbergh’s musings on the shape of a woman’s life bring new understanding to both men and women at any stage of life. A mother of five, an acclaimed writer and a pioneering aviator, Lindbergh casts an unsentimental eye on the trappings of modernity that threaten to overwhelm us: the time-saving gadgets that complicate rather than simplify, the multiple commitments that take us from our families. And by recording her thoughts during a brief escape from everyday demands, she helps readers find a space for contemplation and creativity within their own lives. With great wisdom and insight Lindbergh describes the shifting shapes of relationships and marriage, presenting a vision of life as it is lived in an enduring and evolving partnership. A groundbreaking, best-selling work when it was originally published in 1955, Gift from the Sea continues to be discovered by new generations of readers. With a new introduction by Lindbergh’s daughter Reeve, this fiftieth-anniversary edition will give those who are revisiting the book and those who are coming upon it for the first time fresh insight into the life of this remarkable woman. The sea and the beach are elements that have been woven throughout Anne Morrow Lindbergh’s life. She spent her childhood summers with her family on a Maine island. After her marriage to Charles Lindbergh in 1929, she accompanied him on his survey flights around the North Atlantic to launch the first transoceanic airlines. The Lindberghs eventually established a permanent home on the Connecticut coast, where they lived quietly, wrote books and raised their family. After the children left home for lives of their own, the Lindberghs traveled extensively to Africa and the Pacific for environmental research.

Particularize Epithetical Books Gift from the Sea

Title:Gift from the Sea
Author:Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 130 pages
Published:January 30th 1991 by Vintage (first published 1955)
Categories:Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Classics. Inspirational. Spirituality

Rating Epithetical Books Gift from the Sea
Ratings: 4.17 From 40762 Users | 3876 Reviews

Notice Epithetical Books Gift from the Sea
I remember reading this at BYU for a class and having to do a paper on it. I remember wondering what all the hoopla was about it... it just didn't do all that much for me. But now, some 30+ years later, it had a whole new meaning for me as I truly understood and felt exactly what she was expressing...It is amazing that though this book was written over 50 years ago, so many of her observations still ring true today, and I found myself marking up page after page. Perhaps the most I got from it

This book is a collection of essays by Anne Morrow Lindbergh, published first in 1955. Although many years have passed after its publication, I believe many women can relate to her thoughts and feelings reflected in her book. She uses simile of sea and sea-shells to describe life, motherhood, marriage, coming of age. The book is written almost in a whispering tone; like the waves of a calm sea gently brushing the shore. Very soothing read..One of the passages I enjoyed reading in the book is :

I was introduced to this book via a chapter in Will Schwalbe's book "Books for Living". How lucky I am to have found it.It speaks VOLUMES to women of middle age and even though I am past that, it spoke volumes to me.Here are some descriptions from Will:This is one of those books Id heard about and seen on countless shelves, especially in, predictably enough, beach cottages. The author was the widow of aviator Charles Lindbergh and the mother of the baby who had been so notoriously kidnapped and

I've really got to stop reading a book just based on the title and cover. I love the sea and the beach. During the fall and winter I go sea glass hunting North of Boston. It's my second passion to books. My house is filled with all types of sea shells and different shades of sea glass. My husband tells me I should make jewelry when I give up my current job.I've got to say this book is quite outdated. It's all about women and their place in society. I don't need someone to tell me that females

I'm sure I read Gift from the Sea at least 30 years ago and have probably bought and given away as many as thirty copies over the years. Gift from the Sea is one of those books that speaks to a person differently through different stages of one's life. I love it and think every woman should read it. I have since read other books (memoirs, diaries, letter of sorts) by Anne M. Lindbergh and have enjoyed them very much. I was happy to come across the 50th anniversary edition as a gift to myself.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote these musings in 1955, and it is definitely a capture in a moment of time, when roles for women were still assumed to be #1- marriage, #2 - having children, and #3 - taking care of the household. Lindbergh herself in the 20 year anniversary afterword in the version I have mused on how quickly roles and rights changed in her own lifetime, and how central women were to not only their own rights but other civil rights movements.Still, even though I am not a mother or a

so...reading this book, in places, made me long to go back to Atlantic Beach, made me go back and read my diaries of New York.I thought carefully about whether my strongly adverse feelings about this book were actually warranted or not. I have decided that there is a middle ground I must take here.Here's my unabashed assessment, untainted by the millions of people who seem to LOVE this book: if you've already lived the hard life, and come through it, worse for the wear but better in soul, don't

Post a Comment

0 Comments